Online casinos operate with a large amount of players’ personal data in order to verify their customers and provide quality services. And it is a responsibility of every online gaming establishment to provide data safety and integrity. Therefore, it is critically important to find an online gaming operator that takes care of your sensitive data. To make the right choice and pick a good online website for the game, find more reviews of online games on and gamble safely. For you to be an expert in this topic, we will share with you info about the features and trends of information storage, how to follow the latest technologies, and what determines the speed of their implementation in online games.
Cloud Technologies for Online Games: Physical Servers
Most online gaming establishments store data on servers, and there are a couple of tricks. The difficulty is that not all jurisdictions make such business legal, and not all countries allow servers to be placed in their territories. In general, offshore states and some European countries have a loyal attitude towards gaming. Netherlands Antilles, Malta, Costa Rica, Curacao, Great Britain, Alderney, and Gibraltar are the popular jurisdictions for gaming companies. Online casinos are legally prohibited in many US states, Asia and the Middle East. So, placing gaming sites in their territory will cause problems both for the business and partner providers.
Several jurisdictions also require online games to host servers on their territory to carry out legal activities. For example, this condition is mandatory for gaming companies operating based on a license. For other jurisdictions, it is enough to place a transit server within the country, through which all financial transactions will be carried out. In this case, the local regulator will be able to monitor if the players’ interests and the law are adhered to.
Cloud Computing and Data Centers
Modern trends dictate data storage methods – from hardware to more intelligent solutions like Cloud Technologies for Online Games that are located remotely and eliminate the need to purchase a physical device. Thus, companies and individuals receive a server solution based on a virtual site and not a real hardware device. Gaming business owners also can purchase a virtual cloud instead of buying several computer servers, which is rather a smart investment.
Modern virtual servers provide reliable storage of data, the transfer of which between the client and the cloud is encrypted to avoid any leaks. At the same time, the cloud holder can quickly expand servers or limit their number. For example, if the owner of a gaming project orders 15 servers with certain parameters, then one has the opportunity to increase or decrease their number depending on the needs. It is enough to have minimal knowledge of the operating system for self-installation, adding, and configuring a personal office.
Cloud services can process and store large amounts of data because they use special technical solutions, powerful servers, and disk storage. Even representatives of large gambling projects do not have sufficient resources to independently create and maintain technical systems that require separate premises and qualified personnel. So, for their placement, data centers are used. These are specialized buildings for the deployment of computer and network equipment necessary for storing, processing, and transmitting data.
Advantages of Cloud Technologies for Online Games
The total volume of the global market in cloud technologies has exceeded $40 billion. In 2022, this figure will reach $240 billion. The trend is quite easy to understand because Cloud Technologies for Online Games have many advantages.
Here are some of the most basic ones:
- Profitability. The entire data array is stored in a rented cloud, so there is no need to purchase expensive computer equipment with high performance and a large amount of memory;
- Increasing the efficiency of IT infrastructure. The cloud eliminates the problem of excessive spending on resources since the company uses only the necessary amount of them, equipment and maintenance costs are reduced by up to 50%;
- Flexibility and high technology. A company automatically provides the necessary resources with more computing power than personal computers. Thus, the cloud not only stores data but also simultaneously performs complex operations for their analysis and processing;
- Unlimited data storage. Clouds automatically adjust to the needs of the company. Typically, they provide millions of gigabytes of free space, eliminating the problem of limited hard drives when storing player data;
- Availability and mobility. A controller has free access to information stored in the cloud. To do this, you must have a computer or any mobile device with Internet access. So, there is no binding to only one place: managers receive reports from anywhere in the world, and business leaders monitor the work;
- Minimal risks of failures and accidents. Cloud technologies provide different disaster recovery scenarios, including backups in case of failures in the main service.
Online games operators monitor all trends in the field of data processing and storage since this is one of the fundamental points in the implementation of their activities. Given the demand for cloud services, leading market representatives are also starting to work with these technologies. So, when choosing such a solution, it is necessary to take into account that a cloud solution for the gaming business must meet such requirements for security, stability, and high performance. For additional information, visit the Local Digital Business.