For the past few years, the Mobile health apps industry is growing day by day with the development of new technologies in the healthcare industry. According to the reports provided by American multinational company IQVIA, worldwide widely more than 318000 health apps are available in app stores.
Health apps generally fall into three types of categories. There are listed below.
- Apps related to wellness and General Health
- Telemedicine Apps
- Apps associated with Health Management Apps
1. Wellness and General Health Apps
These apps have further types. For example, some of the Apps are nutrition tracking apps. These are used to count the amount of nutrition in the user’s body. Stress detection and management apps determine the stress level in the user and help out how to calm the mind to avoid stress. Weight loss applications helps to record progress and fitness.
2. Telemedicine Apps
Telemedicine is such apps that monitor patient health through virtual assistance by licensed doctors to take care of them. They also provide prescriptions and provide online medicine.
3. Apps related to Health Management
Health apps related to health management have the following uses.
- Health management applications assist users in monitoring their health by themselves. For example, patients can monitor their health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, heart rate or heartbeat, mental health, Glucose level, and pregnancy.
- They help to provide a report on patient health remotely and allow the users to share the report details with healthcare centres.
- This technology also helps doctors to improve their services and make their workflow faster.
- They encourage a better and healthy lifestyle.
- They prevent spreading disease and infection by conducting virtual consultations.
- Mobile health apps have the feature to remind the users to take their prescription.
- Healthcare apps provide timely care even at remote locations.
- These apps also help to track the medication.
How Mobile Health Apps are improving our lives and well-being?
Health applications give us a way to live healthier lives. They are a way to increase the reconciliation accuracy, which is good for patient’s safety. It also improves the communication and coordination between patient and doctor. Below are some brief descriptions on a topic of how mobile health apps improve our lives & and well-being.
Reduced Healthcare costs
The rise of chronic illness costs the worldwide economy billions of dollars each year. But if mobile health applications are used, then overall health costs will be reduced for both patients and providers. Thus, mobile health apps will be significant in the future to reduce costs.
Improved Efficiency in Healthcare systems and Ease of data collection
A lot of Mobile Health apps are used to monitor patient health and collect their information to further process. Patients can send the updated health conditions to their licensed health caretakers.
The other facility provided by mobile health apps is the ease in the collection of data. Many mobile apps are available that provide physicians to access the patient’s data from the mobile health apps. It also makes it easier to use manual methods to enter test results. In this way, it makes personalized healthcare at your fingertips.
Increasing the convenience for the patients
Mobile health apps provide convenience to the patients as they do not need to wait for the doctor in a waiting area. A lot of apps are available that provide doctor-on-telemedicine anywhere, any time.
Membership to telemedicine apps can be obtained by individual patients at an affordable price. Also, the demand for a doctor is extremely convenient.
To reduce the burden of healthcare workers, doctors, and hospitals, particularly during lockdown conditions, healthcare mobile apps are promoted, and their use is being emphasized.