Spotify is arguably one of the greatest apps to listen to music or any other audio content. The streaming app provides you with customization options along with the option to personalize your playlist, which in itself is impressive. Not only this, but the app also offers its users a large number of music choices available for their listening pleasure, which is just the same as creating your soundtrack.
Aside from this, the app has a social factor attached to it. The app lets its users share their listening activity on Spotify, and at the same time also lets their users know what their friends are listening to. This eventually helps a lot of artists, content creators, and Spotify followers. This is because the feature acts as a marketing tool and provides free marketing to aspiring singers. But for this purpose, you must know how to share Spotify listening activity on Windows and Mac.
How to share Spotify listening activity on Windows and Mac?
Well, it is quite a simple process. If you are using the desktop version of Spotify, you can easily share your listening activity be it windows, pc, or Mac. Also you can make music on your own all need is a laptop or PC.
To share your Spotify listening activity on Windows PC or a Mac, follow the following steps.
- Start by opening Spotify.
- Once you open the app, simply head towards the home page.
- Further proceed to click on the down arrow towards the right of your profile picture. This will be on the upper right side of the app.
- Once you have opened the dropdown list, click on settings.
- Once you have opened the settings, a social tab will appear. Under the social tab, make sure of the fact that ‘share my listing activity on Spotify’ is enabled.
- Once you have enabled it, your preferences will automatically be saved. You can then proceed to navigate from this window.
Another interesting feature that Spotify has to offer is that it allows you to make your playlist public. To do this, you will have to do the following steps.
- Open the settings. As stated earlier, this can be done by clicking on the down arrow situated towards the right side of your profile picture. Once you have opened the drop-down list, you can proceed to click on settings.
- Check for the social tab and make sure that ‘make my new playlist’ is enabled.
Another interesting feature which the app has to offer is that you can also share your playlists through social media. To do so, follow the following steps.
- Open the Spotify app.
- Once you have opened the Spotify app, you should proceed to the homepage.
- Once you have opened the homepage, simply click on the playlist name of the one which you wish to share. The playlist option is situated on the left menu.
- Proceed to click on the three dots icon situated to the right of the play button.
- Clicking on the three dots will open the dropdown menu. Once the dropdown menu opens, click on
- This will provide you with a list of social media apps. You can choose them according to your liking.
- From here on, you can simply copy the playlist URL link and then paste that on any message or discussion thread. This will automatically direct others to your playlist.
Check out: Shopify: The All-in-one Ecommerce Platform
How to Share Spotify Listening Activity on Android:
If you are an android device user, then the process of sharing your Spotify listening activity is quite simple. To share your Spotify listening activity, follow the following steps.
- Open the Spotify app on your cellular device.
- Click on the cog icon, located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Proceed to scroll down the menu until you reach the social tab.
- Make sure of the fact that the listening activity toggle is on.
- Once you do this, changes will be saved automatically.
Contrary to the desktop version of the app, Public playlists cannot be automatically shared through a mobile phone. Instead, you can simply share the artists which you have been listening to by doing the following.
Check out: Visit World-ringtones an Download Free Ringtones from 20 Categories and Genres
- Proceed to open the settings menu.
- Scroll down the screen and open the social tab.
- Do make sure that the recently played artists toggle is on.
- Once done, simply close the window.
It is important to keep in mind that playlists through social media are still available on mobile. This can be done by simply following the following steps.
- Open the Spotify app and then head towards the home page
- Click on the library on the left menu
- Further click on playlist option present in tab selection
- This will open the entire playlist selection. Simply click on the playlist options which you wish to share.
- Then proceed to click on the three-dotted icon on the upper right corner of the screen.
- A popup menu will appear. From here, click on share.
- This will provide you with the options to share on Facebook and SMS.
- You can also copy the link and paste them into a message or discussion board.
Aside from sharing your playlists with others, you can also see what songs your friends are listening to these days.
Check out: Learn How to Set Up a Shopify Store in USA
How to See What Your Friends Are Listening to?
With the help of friend activity, you can know what your friends are playing.
To enable friend activity, follow the following steps:
- Click the drop-down button located on the top right corner and click on settings.
- Under the display options, click on show friends activity. Once you do this, you will be able to see what songs your friends are listening to.
How to Share Spotify Listening Activity on iOS
Their procedure is not much different from the mobile versions of the app, no matter what platform you use. If you have Spotify for iOS, then the steps to share your playlists and listening activity are the same as if you were using an Android. Follow the steps as specified on Android devices above if you intend to let other people know what you are listening to.
Spotify is one of the most popular apps to listen to music to. What makes it more appealing is the app’s social nature and the fact that it lets you share music between your friends and followers. If used rightly, one can get the most out of this app.
Check out: Shopify Trending products to sell in 2021