Online education has emerged after the recent pandemic. Students and educators looking to simplify the education process can take help from different platforms.
JoinPD is such a kind of platform. The platforms help you to create presentations and share them with your students. During the pandemic, the platform has become extremely popular among educators and students. In case you aren’t familiar with the platform, let me tell you that it has many tools that streamline education. If you are new to the people, you probably don’t know how to use JoinPD? Let’s explore
everything about using the online platform.
Things you need to know about JoinPD.com?
This platform is primarily used to create and share presentations. You can use
several tools to make appealing presentations for your students. You will be able to add diagrams, pictures, multiple questions, and more. So that you can engage your students. It is specifically designed to engage students and help them to learn new things.
Additionally, JoinPD can be used for testing purposes since it allows you to create specific questions. A unique feature of JoinPD is that students can provide anonymous feedback, allowing them to express their opinions freely. Additionally, students can add slides to the presentation, allowing them to showcase their creativity.
How can a student use JoinPD.com with Join Codes and links?
There are mainly two ways to join the platform. It is sufficient for the student to have an account with Google or Microsoft Office 365 to start sessions on the platform.
- Using join code
- Joining link
Using join code
- First, you have to go to the “Joinpd.com”
- Now, enter the 5-digit code (that was provided by your teacher)
- Wait for some time to load your screen
Utilizing join link
Your teacher can provide a joining link to directly start your session. To do that
- Your educator will send a link through email or other mediums.
- To join, click the Join Link.
- The Pear Deck session will load in your browser. Using this option, you will see the presentation and be able to interact with it by answering questions.
Make Join Code for your students
In case you are a teacher and want to create an interactive presentation for your student, you must have to create the presentation first. After completing the
presentation, the JoinPD will provide a code. You will be able to share the code with your students so they can participate.
- First, you have to create a JoinPD account by signing up or logging in to your existing account.
- Select the “Present with Pear Deck” option in JoinPD to conduct an interactive
- You can share the 5-digit Join Code generated by JoinPD with anyone who needs access to the presentation.
Inviting students through email
Teachers can invite students to join sessions using their email addresses. If this
setting is enabled, students will need to enter their email address or select it after entering the Join Code and clicking the Pear Deck Link at joinpd.com. It can be a great way for you to keep track of your student’s attendance. Students will have to
- Navigate to the Homepage from the Pear Deck.
- Go to the profile icon
- The next step is to click on “My Account.”
- Click the Settings
- Look for the section titled “Require Student Logins.”
- Turn it On. You can choose which account type students can use.
If your students don’t have their email addresses, they won’t be able to join Pear Deck sessions.
Allow students to Join Sessions anonymously
You can make things simple and easy for your students. So that they can join your
sessions without an email address. To do that, follow the above procedure and select OFF in the “Require student logins.” It will allow students to JoinPD without identifying themselves.
A student can create an avatar or nickname to join sessions anonymously. In addition to viewing slides and answering questions, students will not be able to see their real names. An avatar or nickname prompt will appear at the bottom of the
screen for teachers. But as a teacher, you should ask students to sign up with their email for serious classes.
Install Pear Deck Add-ons on Google Slides
- To begin, open Google Slides and then click on “Add-ons.”
- Now, Choose “Get add-on” and install the Pear Deck add-on from the list of available options.
- Select “Open Pear Deck Add-on” to launch the add-on in Google Slides.
- With Pear Deck, you can access preset templates provided by JoinPD and customize them with draggable queries or multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Now, you can create presentations using the templates provided by JoinPD or create your own from scratch using the Pear Deck add-on.
Hope you have a complete Idea about how to use the JoinPD platform. It is a popular platform that parrots interactive learning. It not only contributes greatly to learning but also to teaching. Its ease of access is among its greatest attributes.
Is JoinPD safe?
It is a secure platform and takes measures to protect user privacy. Additionally, JoinPD uses encryption to protect user data and does not share any personal information with third-party advertisers.
Can you use Pear Deck without a Google account?
No, you need to have a Google account or Microsoft 365 account to use the platform.
How many students can join JoinPD?
No, there are no specified numbers. Students can join a JoinPD session, as it can vary depending on the device and internet connection being used. However, JoinPD recommends that sessions be kept to a reasonable size to ensure the best possible
experience for all participants.
Can anyone use JoinPD without a school?
Yes, anyone can use JoinPD. The platform is designed for anyone who wants to create engaging and interactive presentations, regardless of their educational background.
Check out: How to Use JoinPD.com to Enhance the Teaching-Student Relationship