Today, more and more services can be obtained remotely in an online format. This trend has also affected notarial actions. Previously, when concluding a contract for the sale and purchase of real estate, to draw up a power of attorney or certify a document, it was necessary to visit a notary’s office. Today it is possible to apply to him via the Internet and receive the necessary service. This has given a lot of convenience.
How Online Notary Michigan Works
They provide remote document attestation services. Everything is done in an online format. To obtain the necessary service, it is not required to make an appointment with a specialist. Notaries use modern technologies that allow everything to be carried out remotely. You should not be personally present at the transaction to sign. Do not think that notaries who work in this format, just blindly trust people on words. They use methods that allow them to determine the identity of the client.
The entire procedure will only take a few minutes. All data regarding notarial actions are recorded and saved. This is necessary so that in future disputes it is possible to familiarize oneself with the information. The data must be securely stored for at least 10 years.
When applying to such a notary, clients are mainly concerned about issues related to security. The specialist will definitely put a digital stamp on the form, which will make it possible to control potential actions with it and trace whether there have been any changes.
How the Traditional Procedure is Different from the Online One
If you need to notarise a document in Michigan, you need to visit a notary public. But today it has become possible to use remote methods instead of traditional techniques. In this case, there is no need for a personal visit to the specialist. After the identity of the figure is confirmed, a wet stamp is placed on the notary form. However, in the online format, an electronic signature is used, which is also legally valid.
A reliable online connection is utilized to verify the identity. The client needs to provide one of the documents:
- driving licence;
- military card.
It allows you to read the form and digitally sign it.
How Legal is That?
Notaries providing online services in the state of Michigan are officially allowed to notarise documents remotely. There is even a relevant law, and during the development of the pandemic, notarisation services have gained wider access.
In order to work in this direction, a notary must have access to an electronic notarisation system, as well as the appropriate certification.
A document certified in this way will be recognised in other states of America as well.
Which Online Notary Michigan Can Operate in This Format
The requirements for professionals are the same as those who work in the traditional form. Only an online notary needs to submit documents to the secretary of state before practicing. Also, the specialist must go through a registration process that allows him to work in the online format.
The principle of work remains the same. Those who have to sign the form present identification documents.
Which Documents Can Be Certified in This Way
As a rule, the need for online certification of documents is typical for insurance, financial services, law, and healthcare. However, the format can also be used for business, trade, and technology.
You can use the service to certify the following types of documents:
- powers of attorney;
- contracts for the sale of motor vehicles;
- various deeds;
- custody-related documents;
- personnel papers;
- various contracts.
In all these cases it may be necessary to notarise the documents, and it is easier and quicker to do everything remotely.
Benefits of the Service
It is worth highlighting a few important reasons why you should work with online notary in Michigan:
- It is really convenient. There is no need to search for a specialist on your own. Notarisation of documents is carried out without the need to leave your own home or workplace.
- Reasonable price for the service.
- Complete confidentiality. Choosing this format, you should not worry about losing documents.
It is only important to choose a reliable platform that provides this service.
How to Take Advantage of It
To use the online notarisation service, you need to:
- Select a template or download an existing one. After adding the parties and the notary, it will be possible to finalize the document.
- Verification of the signatories’ identities. Everyone who must sign will receive an email with a unique link. It is required to authorize the service itself. You will also need to undergo a quick technical check and then proceed to confirm your identity using modern technology. To do this, you need to take a photo of your ID card or answer some questions.
- The document is signed and authenticated. Everything happens in real time using browsers. In the process, you can review the document, ask questions, and agree with the correctness of filling it out.
- Data entry into the electronic journal. The notary fixes all important information in a special register.
- Signing of the document. Then, using electronic means, the client signs the document and the notary makes a digital seal.
All information regarding the process is stored on a special platform. If it is necessary, the notary can always look at the information of interest. The electronic journal must include the date and time of the notarial act, as well as other parameters.
What Services You Can Use
The service of notarisation of documents may be needed at any time. The most convenient way to use it is to visit the PandaNotary service. You do not have to be physically located in the state of Michigan.
Here you can create documents, change them if necessary, put signatures, and send them to an online notary for notarisation. Working with the platform is not difficult at all. Such a solution will save a lot of effort and money, because you will not need to look for a notary and go to his appointment. Everything is offered to do using the capabilities of this modern platform.
You can also use DocuSign Notary – another service that allows you to resort to the services of an online notary. It is really convenient and more and more people are trying to make use of this opportunity.