Attractive images play an essential role in engaging users on your website, online ads, or social media posts. The use of image editing tools is necessary to give the desired look to your images. From adding text to enhancing the overall image quality, using image editing software is a must nowadays.
However, tools such as Photoshop can be pretty expensive and have a bit of a learning curve. This post will show you some of the best free image editing tools you can use to edit your images according to your needs.
Let’s dive right in
Canva, one of the more popular free image editing software options, is a straightforward and effective solution that works well for all types of content creation.
Canva offers a large selection of pre-sized social media templates. In addition, there are drag-and-drop customization options, as well as an abundance of stock photos and vectors, as well as pre-made illustrations. It is also an excellent tool to add text to your photos.
With pre-made filters and saturation contrast, you can modify your images, adjust their brightness and vignettes. Additionally, a premium version is available with additional editing options. Canva is an excellent tool for creating branded images for online channels.
- An extensive collection of stock images, vectors, and stickers.
- Drag-and-drop text customization
- For your photographs, filters, and effects
- Cropping photos for social media
- Pre-designed templates for a variety of types of online content
- Compatible with the web, iOS, and Android
GIMP is a popular Windows photo editing app that can be downloaded free of charge. Several new features and improvements to existing features have recently been updated.
GIMP has an interface and functionality similar to Photoshop, with various tools for a variety of tasks. It includes essential editing tools like processing and planting and advanced instruments like layers, blur, masks, color management tools, blending methods, retouching tools, and sharpening tools.
- Because GIMP is an Open Source project, you can edit its source code and add or remove features.
- Compatibility with multiple platforms. This means that GIMP is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
- GIMP operates similarly to other raster graphic editing programs.
- GIMP is a memory- and resource-efficient graphic editor that can be installed on older or slower computers.
Apart from being an open-source program, GIMP can convert images to various graphical file formats, including BMP, pdf, jpeg, png, and PCX.
Paint.NET is a pixel-based photo editor that enhances the quality of the image and allows for unique and creative changes.
Like GIMP, Paint.NET allows you to reposition your window panes to personalize the interface according to your preferences. In addition, Paint.NET includes plug-ins that will enable new file formats to be supported and new effects added.
Layers, effects, and a range of primary and advanced tools, including a clone stamp, text maker, pencil, and paintbrush instrument. Many image file formats, including BMP, JPEG, TGA, and DDS, are also supported. Unfortunately, only Windows-based computers are compatible with Paint.NET, mainly Windows 10, 8, and 7.
- Simple to use and convenient
- Numerous beneficial functions and effects
- Numerous plug-ins
- A well-organized and straightforward user interface
- Consultations and “how-to” tutorials are available online.
- Various formats for saving images with image editing.
Check out: Does Reverse Image Search Work With Screenshots?
Since its launch, VSCO has quickly become one of Instagram’s most popular online photo editors. And it is still the best smartphone photo editor. So it’s ideal for people who want to edit a photo and share it on social media quickly.
This free image editor shines through its extensive library of prepared presets and special effects with standard editing tools. Additionally, VSCO allows users to save templates based on their custom settings.
VSCO is an excellent camera and editing app that includes a half-baked online sharing experience. VSCO Cam also consists of a robust set of editing tools—15 in total.
You can adjust the exposure level, color temperature, and saturation of a photograph.
- You can add various tints to your images
- You can conveniently sharpen your graphics with many intuitive presets and settings in a few taps or less.
- Create your templates and save them. You can save only one template at a time in the free version.
5. Photo Pos Pro
While Photo Pos Pro is not as well-known as Paint.net or GIMP, it is another excellent free photo editor that includes a slew of advanced image-editing tools.
This free photo editor’s logically and consistently organized interface is more innovative and accessible than the GIMP menu and the toolbar array. If this is still too intimidating, an optional ‘novelty’ layout also imitates the Fotor filter-based approach. You have a choice.
The ‘expert’ layout comprises layer and layer masks and tools to adjust the curves and levels manually. While the one-click filters remain accessible via the main menu, the emphasis is more on sound editing.
- The interface can be customized for experts or beginners.
- Advance Image editor.
- Excellent assistance and numerous educational tutorials
- Supports a wide variety of file formats
The tools we mentioned are the top free apps for free photo editing. They can help increase the look of your photographs before using them on your website, sharing with friends, or downloading them to social media platforms.
Additionally, these apps can be used to create thumbnails for YouTube videos and posters for your projects or exhibitions.
Check out: Everything You Need To Know About ID Photo Example