If you are seeking support regarding your Discord login. Here is a comprehensive guide for fixing the Windows PC Discord login issue. Numerous Discord users have expressed their dissatisfaction at being unable to check-in. This issue also reportedly affects the desktop and browser versions of Discord. If you have entered incorrect login information, you will likely encounter this error. Despite using the correct login ID and password, numerous users have reported login problems.
The inability to connect to Discord via a web browser is a typical issue. This issue typically emerges when Discord’s servers are experiencing difficulty, though user-side issues can also cause it. Read this page to learn how to overcome the Discord login issue.
After supplying the required details, a Discord user can typically log in to their account. However, many Discord users have encountered the issue of needing help accessing their accounts despite supplying the required credentials. When the server is down, you are using a proxy or VPN, or your Discord login cache is corrupted, the desktop and web apps for Discord may experience this issue. Additionally, corrupted browsing data may also play a large impact.
Check out: Discord vs Slack: Is Discord a Best Slack Alternative
This blog post will outline the solutions to Discord login issues.
Why Are you Getting Discord Login Problems?
As was already noted, if Discord has server issues, you often won’t be able to connect. Visit the Discord Status page to see if all services are up and running or Down Detector to look for outage complaints to identify whether the issue is coming from Discord on your end.
If every service is working, you might need help. The most frequent explanations for why you might be unable to sign in to Discord login credentials using your web browser are listed below.
Corrupted browser cache: The problem might be brought on by a corrupted web browser cache. Clear the cache if you can.
Incorrect Browser Configuration: If certain of your browser’s settings are incorrect, the problem can arise. Try rolling back the changes or changing your web browser’s preferences to default.
Interference coming from a proxy or VPN server: Attempt logging in after turning off your proxy server or disconnecting from your VPN.
The cache for the Discord desktop app is tainted. It’s possible that the Discord desktop app’s cached files have gotten corrupted if you’re using it and are unable to connect. The login issue should therefore be resolved by removing the cache folder.
Check a Few Things if Your Discord Login is Unsuccessful
- Check the current server status of the Discord Server.
- Restart or update your web browser.
- Disable your proxy or VPN.
- Clear browsing history in your browser.
- Reset or update your browser.
- Switch to a different browser or platform for discord login.
- Clear all of your Discord caches.
- Change your DNS.
- Contact Discord’s official support team.
- Check for Discord’s Servers If they are Online
Check the status of Discord’s servers before attempting any of our solutions, as you may be unable to log in due to a widespread issue such as a server outage. Check the Discord Status page to see if the Discord servers were unavailable.
- Launch your favorite web browser and navigate to the Discord Status page.
- Check that all systems are functional.
If Discord servers are operational, the problem may be on your end; thus, try the solutions below.
1. Restart your browser
If you are unable to access your Discord account on your web browser, you can try restarting it to see if the issue is resolved. Occasionally, the issue could be caused by a momentary bug in your web browser. Consequently, a simple restart may resolve the issue if the situation applies. Therefore, close your browser and relaunch it to check if you can access Discord. If not, proceed to the next common solution.
2. Disable VPN or Proxy Server
A proxy server may interfere with your Internet connection and Discord, preventing you from logging into the service. The steps below will demonstrate how to disable the proxy server on your computer.
- Press and hold Windows+R to open Run
- In the Run dialogue box, enter inetcpl.cpl and click OK.
- Click on the Connections tab from the Internet browser’s Properties window.
- Click LAN settings
- Unmark Utilize a proxy server for your local area network.
- Mark Automatically detects configurations.
- Select OK.
Similarly, if you use a VPN application or browser extension, consider disabling it.
Clear all of your Browsing Data
while using the Discord web app. Some cached files or cookies may prevent you from logging into Discord. Consequently, you can resolve the issue by clearing your web browser’s cache and cookies.
Here are the methods to remove cache and cookies in Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. Consequently, see below.
- Using the techniques below, you can delete browser cache and cookies in Google Chrome.
- Open Google Chrome and tap the menu icon with three dots in the upper-right corner.
- Next, choose Additional tools > Clear browsing data.
- In the presented dialogue window, select All time for the Time range.
- Then, check the boxes next to Cookies and other site data and Cache pictures and files. You may select additional boxes if you so like.
- Now, tap the Delete data button to clear the cache and cookies from Chrome.
- Launch Chrome again and determine if you are able to access Discord login.
First, open your browser and press the button with three horizontal bars in the upper-right corner.
- Now, tap the clear recent history button after clicking the History option.
- Select everything, including browsing data and cookies, as the Time range following.
- After that, choose the checkboxes for Cookies and Cache to clear them.
- Now, touch the OK button to remove the cache and cookies from the browser.
- Finally, restart Firefox and determine whether the problem has been resolved.
- To clear cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge, follow the instructions below:
- To begin, launch Microsoft Edge and navigate to Settings > Settings.
- Now, navigate to the Privacy and services area and locate the Clear browsing data panel on the right-hand side.
- Next, click the Choose what to clear box and choose All time for the Time range.
- Enable the checkboxes for Cookies and other site data and Cache pictures and files.
- Then, click the Clear now option to remove Edge’s cache and cookies.
- Finally, reload Edge and open Discord to determine if you are able to sign in.
- Similarly, if the issue occurs with Opera, try emptying the cache and cookies to address the issue.
- If this strategy does not solve the problem, you can try the following alternative solution.
2. Change the DNS Server Address
If you are unable to access Discord login due to your network connection, try changing the DNS server address. Changing DNS servers frequently resolve connection problems.
- Press and hold Windows+R to open Run.
- In the Run dialogue box, enter ncpa.cpl and then click OK.
- Select your network adapter by right-clicking it and selecting Properties.
- Click the Properties button next to Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- 5. Tick Use the DNS server addresses listed below.
- 6. Type 184.108.40.206 in the Preferred DNS server field.
- Enter 220.127.116.11 in the Alternate DNS server field.
- Click Accept to save the adjustments.
- Click Properties after selecting Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
- Tick Use the DNS server addresses listed below.
- In the Preferred DNS server field, enter 2606:4700:4700:1111.
- In the Alternate DNS server field, enter 2606:4700:4700:1001.
- Click on ok to save your settings.
- Restart your PC.
Contact the Official Discord Support team to Solve Your Discord Login Problem
If none of the above alternatives work, you can contact the official Discord support staff as a final resort. They will inform you if the issue is with your account or if your account has been closed or banned due to violating the communication policies or Terms of Service. They may even give some troubleshooting techniques to resolve the issue.
Visit the official Discord support page and submit a ticket describing the issue you’re experiencing. The team will respond and assist you in resolving the issue at hand. Additionally, you can contact the Discord support staff via social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Check out: How To Stream HBO Max On Discord: Easy Steps
Why Are You unable to connect to Discord?
If Discord is stuck on the joining screen, there may be insufficient administrator privileges to operate the application. Other possible causes include faulty installation files, incorrect time and date settings on your computer, adblockers, and corrupted system files. Additionally, third-party software incompatibilities may have caused the issue.
How can you check if my Discord Login (account) has been Closed or Banned?
You can contact the Discord support team to determine if your Discord account has been banned. They will inform you
if your account has been banned.
Why Was Your Discord session terminated?
If you are arbitrarily logged out of Discord, the issue could be caused by a number of factors. It could be the result of server issues or a problem with your account. Additionally, a cache corruption or an out-of-date application version can cause the same issue.
Several solutions exist for “Discord login issues,” including restarting the PC, clearing the cache, checking in to the Discord web app, contacting the support team, switching to a different device, restarting or changing the web browser, or erasing the web browser’s browsing data. This article detailed the solutions to the Discord login issues.