You can Restore Deleted WhatsApp chats by following two ways
1. Restore WhatsApp chats via cloud backup
In case you have deleted your WhatsApp chats by mistake, which probability the conversation appeared to be present in your cloud backup. Maybe the Google Drive or iCloud backup happened at midnight, and in the morning, you will, by chance, removed a chat. The cloud backup continues to have a conversation, and you can restore it follow these steps.
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your Android smartphone or iPhone.
- Re-install WhatsApp makes up along with your phone number. When the app is set up, you will get a quick request to recover the message from a cloud backup. This backup will probably be from Google Drive on Android and iCloud on iOS.
3. Tap into Restore.
This might restore the communication that you had unexpectedly deleted. Remember that if you received a message immediately after the latest cloud backup and lost it, there is no way to recover it.
2. Restore via Android’s local backup
A different way to try restoring deleted WhatsApp chats should be to restore them from local backups on your Android phone. This procedure does not work on iOS. If your Google Drive backup has over-written the removed messages, then follow these steps.
- Go to your phone’s File Manager (download Google’s Files app if you can’t find this app).
- Now go to the WhatsApp folder > Database. (The Database folder includes all WhatsApp backup files, which can be recorded locally on your phone).
- Choose the file msgstore.db.crypt12 and then rename it to msgstore_BACKUP.db.crypt12. This is exactly the latest backup file, and also, you have to rename it to protect against it from being overwritten. In case items fail, you are able to rename this kind of file to its original name and restore it.
- Now you will find a lot of files in this folder inside the format msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12. These are generally your older WhatsApp backups; it is easy to pick the most recent one and rename it to msgstore.db.crypt12.
- Here’s the confusing part: you have to open Google Drive on your smartphone, tap into the burger icon (three up and down lines) > Backups. Now delete the WhatsApp backup there. This will likely force your phone to restore from the local backup in its place.
- Now, uninstall WhatsApp and then reinstall it. Configure it, and when completed, you will enjoy a quick recovery chat from a local backup, looking at you don’t need a chat backup on the cloud.
- Tap into on Restore, and that is precisely it. You’ll receive your deleted chats back.
So these are generally the two solutions that can be used in a situation where you have got to unintentionally deleted your WhatsApp chats or in a scenario where you have got to install WhatsApp and want your old conversations back recently. In any case, even as we already mentioned, you must have the chat backup option switched on to restore any information.